Water usage and management is a hotly debated topic on a global scale. India is currently in the midst of a water crisis, with Karnataka, Cartisan’s home state, being “India’s second most water scarce state”.
The government are aiming to tackle the way in which water is managed throughout India but it is important for all Indian citizens to realise that they have a part to play in the solution as well.
Our top tips for saving water in your home:
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth – an incredible 6 litres of water can be wasted each minute the tap is left running.
- Use Cartisan’s Eco Clean service instead of washing your car yourself! This is an almost waterless system that leaves behind a protective film on the cars paintwork.
- Spend less time in the shower – each shower differs, but in your home anywhere between 6 and 45 litres of water per minute could be used when showering.
- When it is time to replace household appliances specifically look for water-efficient versions – water-efficient showerheads, taps, toilets, washing machines, dishwashers and many more water-saving products are available.
- Only turn the washing machine on when it is full – running fewer cycles reduces the number of unnecessary loads and therefore unnecessary water usage.
- Regularly check all of your taps and fix any that are dripping – only one dripping tap can waste up to 15 litres of water per day.
Reducing your daily water usage will benefit you in other ways too. It means you will be reducing the amount of energy used to clean waste water, and save money by reducing your monthly bills.